Any drain-related problems should always be tackled without any delay. Clogs and blockages in the system build up slowly, and they always show some signs. However, we tend to ignore these signs, which is why the problem escalates and gets out of hand. Once the clog becomes very stubborn, it can be extremely troublesome to get it fixed.
In some cases, the blockage may also result in damage to the drain, which can become expensive to fix. The best way to make sure that you don’t have to deal with these problems is to hire skilled and experienced plumbing professionals. We at SPS Plumbers Sutherland Shire offer high quality plumbing maintenance services.
Getting the drains checked regularly helps to ensure that problems or clogs if any, are spotted in time. Skilled and experienced plumbers use various latest techniques and tools to clear even the most stubborn blockages. They use CCTV drain cameras, root cutters, and high-pressure water jets to clear grease and debris buildup from the insides of the drains.
DIY Drain Clearing Methods
While it is always a good idea to call in professionals for the job, there are specific steps you can take to ensure that your drains remain clear. You can use these DIY methods to clear minor drain blockages.
- It’s a good idea to keep a plunger in your home. This simple tool is handy in clearing blocks in drains. Its vacuum action helps to pull out the blocks quickly and efficiently.
- You can also use a drain snake which physically removes the clog without damaging your pipes.
- Make it a point to pour hot water into the drains at regular intervals. The hot water softens agents like grease, soap, fats, etc. You can then use the drain snake to pull out any sludge that might be leftover in the drainpipe.
- It’s best not to use any chemical drain cleaners as they cause more harm than good. Always use organic products as they will help to clean the drains safely.
- A combination of vinegar and baking soda mixed with water is a great solution to remove stubborn blockages from the drain. This preventive measure helps to keep your drains clear, reducing the chances of blockage.
Hire a Sydney Plumber
Despite doing all these things, if you find that there is water backing up into your sink or shower areas, you should call in a licensed plumber without delay. The experts will use drain cameras to determine what is causing the blockage and exactly where the clog is. Once they have this visibility, it becomes easier for them to decide what steps to take to clear the drain blockage. As mentioned, regular maintenance of your plumbing systems saves you time, trouble, and money on unnecessary drain repairs and replacement. For any more information, feel free to call SPS Plumbers Sutherland Shire at this number – (02) 9158 3513 or send us an email through this Online Form, and we will respond shortly.
For more information, click here.