Till very recently, it was extremely time-consuming, invasive, and expensive to repair any underground or sewer line problems. Depending on how severe the issue was, it could be challenging to fix the deterioration in underground pipes.
However, with the introduction of the pipe relining method, it has become far easier for professional plumbing companies to handle all types of underground pipe repairs. Well-established and reputed companies like SPS Plumbers Sutherland Shire now use this highly innovative and advanced technology to repair cracked pipes.
About Pipe Relining For Sewer Repairs
This is a very straightforward method in which:
- The plumber first digs two small trenches on either side of the pipeline.
- They will use CCTV drain cameras to inspect the inside of the pipe and determine exactly where the damage is and the extent of it.
- If any root blockages or clogs are found in the pipe, those will be removed using the latest hydro jet technology and root cutting machines.
- Another inspection of the internal areas of the pipe will be carried out using the CCTV drain camera.
- If the experts determine that pipe relining is the best solution for the existing problem, they will provide you with all the information about how it works and what its benefits are.
- Once you approve the solution and the quote, they will start with the pipe relining work.
- In pipe relining, a very resilient epoxy sleeve is inserted into the underground pipe.
- The sleeve is then inflated until it fits the internals pace snugly.
- The lining will be allowed to set and harden for about 2-3 hours.
- Another CCTV drain camera check will follow.
- Once the plumbing professionals have determined that the sleeve is set in place correctly and all the damage and deterioration has been fixed, they will consider their job complete.
- The trenches will be refilled with the removed earth, and the area will be cleared off all the debris
The benefits of pipe relining
- It is a time-saving technique as very small trenches are a dug in the landscaping.
- Relining is minimally invasive, and you do not have to worry about any extensive damage to the hardscaped areas on your property. It also means that there is minimal destruction when the work is being carried out.
- The cost of the relining process might have a seemingly higher upfront cost. However, when you compare the overall amount you save on fixing damaged landscaping, the process is extremely cost-effective.
- Pipe relining is a reliable way of fixing damaged or deteriorating underground pipes. It has been used for numerous years across Europe and the United States and is a proven technology.
- It can last for many decades without any trouble, which also means you get an excellent return on investment.
- Pipe relining can be used to fix different types of pipes, including those made of concrete, copper, iron, PVC, and more.
For any more information, please call SPS Plumbers Sutherland Shire at (02) 9158 3513 or drop us a line via this Online Form, and we will revert shortly.